Asrar Posted 29 Apr 2024 14:20

High Usage in Sangfor IAM 5400

Hi team, is it for the NET Protocol to be the highest usage as you can see from the picture. If yes, kindly brief me for simple explanation as I want to provide it to the customers.

jerome_itable Posted 30 Apr 2024 16:01

No, based on the image you sent, the Sangfor NET Protocol is not the highest usage. It is currently ranked number one with a bidirectional percentage of 33.78%, but it is not significantly higher than the other categories. Here’s a breakdown of the top five categories:

NET Protocol: 33.78%
    Visit Web Site: 13.08%
    Soft-update: 12.37%
    Web Streaming: 9.73%
    Network Storage: 5.19%

Enrico Vanzetto Posted 30 Apr 2024 18:13

Hi, it seems that some web traffic match NET protocol category. It's normal behaviour.

pmateus Posted 30 Apr 2024 21:23

Hi,
NET Protocol category have a lot of of protocols included like for example WINS, ICMP, HTTP_PROXY, ONVIF, PIM, GRE, BGP, LDAP, NTP, DHCP.... as much more. So is normal to havehighest usage compared to others category.

Thanks,

Zonger Posted 30 Apr 2024 23:05

It's not unusual for the NET Protocol to show the highest usage in network monitoring data. The NET Protocol encompasses various network-related activities, such as data transfer, communication, and network management. Therefore, high NET Protocol usage often indicates significant network traffic, which can be expected in most network environments. You can explain to customers that this is a common observation and that high NET Protocol usage is generally indicative of normal network operation. However, if they notice unusually high or sustained spikes in NET Protocol usage, it could warrant further investigation to ensure optimal network performance and security.

Imran Tahir Posted 01 May 2024 23:47

It's normal behaviour because network protocol work with different technology

mdamores Posted 02 May 2024 11:50

Hi,

NET protocol usually will show the highest usage in network monitoring data since it has a lot of supported protocols like LDAP, WINS, ICMP, HTTP_PROXY, etc..

Tayyab0101 Posted 02 May 2024 13:33

i think your usage is falling in normal category.

Newbie290036 Posted 02 May 2024 20:21

It's totally normal in behavior. No issue in this

Newbie517762 Posted 03 May 2024 14:50

HiHi,

This is normal because the NET Protocol category has a wide range of applications to be used. Alternatively, you can refer to the attached document on how to view traffic statistics. I hope it helps you find the details you're looking for.

Sangfor_SY Posted 07 May 2024 11:30

The NET Protocol category contain basic network protocol such as DHCP, SSL, Syslog or etc. As the statistics showing the most usage among the NET protocol category is QUIC protocol.

The QUIC is built on top of UDP instead of TCP for transmitting the data, it is normal when it show high usage on the report.

You may consider to block the UDP QUIC protocol to force the data transmit on TCP, it might able to improve the data accuracy and data visualize in the report.
page: [1] 2
查看完整版本: High Usage in Sangfor IAM 5400